Blog post 1:

 Hello dear reader!


My name is Antonio. I have a bachelor's degree in computer science. Since I found my love for statistics and machine learning during my studies, I decided to do a master's degree in data science. 


This seminar is particularly interesting because I have to read papers again and again. Furthermore, I have to write and present a larger paper myself. Moreover, these skills are very much in demand, because nowadays you not only have to be able to program, but you also need to present your findings and models.


During this course i hope to learn how to write good papers and how to present the results to a professional audience.

Comments

  1. Dear Antonio,
    I think the combination of computer science and data science is very much in demand. I also think it makes a lot of sense that you have chosen this module to improve your communication skills, because this is often neglected, especially in the technical domain. As you write it is very important not only to have the technical skills but also to be able to communicate the findings. It would be interesting to know a bit more why you have chosen this module. You wrote that you have to read a lot of papers. Do you read them during your studies for a project thesis or at work? Besides writing, I think also searching and evaluating existing papers is very important. What are your experiences here?

    Cheers, Pascal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Antonio,
    I too come from computer science and try to enter the domain of data science with this degree. Similar to you, I discovered over the years that machine learning and artificial intelligence are the direction I want to move in the future. I would be curious why you have to read a lot of papers: is it required for your job or do you do it out of interest? Because for my job as a software engineer I don't have to read any papers, which is why I lack experience and also why I chose this EVA.
    All the best,
    Maximilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Antonio,

    I wish you all the best and so much fun for all the papers you have to read and also your EVA. I would love to know what your current research interests are. Are you more like a theoretical person (as I am) or more into applications of DL and ML?
    One last thing, if you come across an interesting paper please let me know.

    Kind regards,
    Kiavash

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scientific review

EVA 5: Self Assesment

Blog post 3: Understanding content